My husband was asked to give a talk in church yesterday on “Why I Believe.” A lot of our friends came to hear him that aren’t members of our Church, and I absolutely loved the whole experience. I think his message hit home in some way with every person in there. My husband’s talk prompted me to want to explain the same–but I’ll start with “What I Believe.” I’ve been digging bullets so I’m just going to state some of my top beliefs in a simple list. Some of these may seem bold, but it’s what I believe.
- I believe that God is my Father and that I am His child.
- I believe that I existed before this world, and that I will continue to exist after I die.
- I believe my life has a purpose, and that it is to grow and develop and progress closer to and more like Christ, and to help my family and others do the same.
- I believe that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, and that His atoning sacrifice has made it possible to live with God again after this life.
- I believe that I can live with my family after this life.
- I believe in personal revelation–that God still speaks to anyone who is willing to listen.